- Megan Adelson, Univ. of Texas at Dallas
- Heidi Kane, Univ. of Texas at Dallas
- Maire Ford, Loyola Marymount Univ.
- Annie Guichard, California State Univ. Stanislaus
- Nancy Collins, UC Santa Barbara
Ambivalence over emotional expression (AEE) was paradoxically associated with support seeking behavior and relational outcomes in married couples (N=93). Spouses low in AEE increased their support seeking as their lab task anxiety increased. Spouses high in AEE sought little support irrespective of their anxiety, but reported greater relational benefits from support seeking than those low in AEE.